If you want to make your LinkedIn stand out, you need to learn some basic tips like having a good, happy profile picture, a personal URL, regular updates, activity, and more.
How To Make Your LinkedIn Stand Out
How often have you been asked questions like “how to make an attractive LinkedIn profile” or “what makes a good LinkedIn profile”? If you don’t know how to improve your LinkedIn profile, then first of all you should understand that you need to treat it as responsibly as you do your resume. Thus, your profile should look attractive to your future colleagues and employers. Also, you should remember that it is important to constantly update your profile in order to keep it up to date.
Want to know how to stand out on LinkedIn? Below are some tips for LinkedIn to help you make your profile stand out from others and make it more attractive.
7 Steps to A Great LinkedIn profile
So, if you want to make a good LinkedIn profile, then you need to know what steps to take. That is why you need to learn profile LinkedIn tips to help improve your profile as much as possible:
- Photography. Yes, this is a very obvious point, but a huge number of people upload inappropriate photos for their LinkedIn profile. So it should be a good quality image of you where your face is clearly visible and you look happy. Even though LinkedIn is a professional platform, many employers look for happy and friendly people.
- Updating the profile. As mentioned, it is very important to regularly update your profile and keep it fresh. You can upload a new image, add a new skill, or make any minor changes. This habit will show your enthusiasm and help potential employers see you as a responsible person.
- Personal URL. One more important tip for LinkedIn profile. In order to make your profile appear more attractive, you need to create your own unique URL. Don’t worry, this is easy enough. Go to your profile, click “edit public profile and URL”, then click on “edit” and save your changes. This way, your link will look professional and recognizable.
- Activity. Of course, another important point that you should undoubtedly pay attention to is your activity on LinkedIn. As you know, this site is still a kind of social network, although it differs from Instagram or WhatsApp that we are used to. Thanks to LinkedIn, you can show your professional skills, find like-minded people and even their potential employers. This is why it is important to stay active and show interest in updating your profile. What’s more, you can also participate in discussions on various interest forums where potential employers can also spot you. So your goal is to be more than just a LinkedIn page: personalize it, make your profile live, show yourself as you are.
- Articles. Of course, among other things, LinkedIn is also a good opportunity to share your opinions and thoughts on your industry. Thus, if you regularly write articles, it will show the employer that you are interested in the industry in which you work and you have your own opinion that you can argue and consider it necessary to express. It is also a great way to increase profile activity and make it more visible, as your followers can react to them.
- Restrictions. While it is important to include all of your experience on your profile, it is not a good idea to span it across multiple pages as it is difficult to read. Thus, limit yourself to a brief overview of your profession and the basic skills that you possess, so that the potential employer immediately sees exactly the information he needs.
- Recommendations. Another good tip for LinkedIn is to ask colleagues to write recommendations as it is important to have the support of other professionals. Moreover, you need to request regular confirmations in order to improve your LinkedIn profile and make it even more professional.